About the Role
As Senior Software Engineer in the ICS team, you will be
responsible for a suite of tools that enable automation and work flow for our business and by extension our customers.
You’ll help other teams with faster delivery of reliable, performant, and scalable software products. In addition to bringing
your own software development expertise, you’ll be working with and mentoring colleagues at all levels and helping
us design and deliver next-generation platforms for successful projects. You’ll be mentoring developers, working with stakeholders
to understand their requirements, and helping design and build new and improved systems to ensure service security –
understanding emerging API security standards and thinking about how to secure our services today and into the future.
CIF Participation Agreement (PA) tool offers highly reliable, scalable and secured workflow and document management platform for
the collective investment trust business team and their customers. The PA Tool/website is a front-end and back-end services to provide
management of the PA document process as well as provide a place for customers to see the current status of in-progress work with our
business partners and the bank as a whole. This team / development project will be assisting in creating a common framework and tool
set for all of ICS now and for the future -- helping to create a platform of software that all of ICS can leverage.
We’re a supportive, collaborative team that believes in mentoring and supporting all our colleagues. We’ve adopted
lightweight agile processes that we apply to improve the way we all work together.
* We believe we can deliver excellent service and products without taking ourselves too seriously. It’s okay to find joy and
humor in our work.
* We treat customers as collaborators rather than as tickets to be closed.
* We value the curiosity to deeply understand other points of view; understanding more perspectives helps us make better
* We value getting a usable and working solution in front of customers quickly to get feedback so we can iterate and refine
over holding out for a perfect solution later.
* We value leadership through service; we get ahead by helping others succeed.
* We value mistakes as an opportunity to learn. We view all mistakes as owned by the team as a whole, and seek to learn and
improve from the mistakes we make.
* We value actively and humbly seeking honest feedback.
* We value an open and transparent channel of communication with all members of the team, regardless of their title and expertise.
* We value context and responsibility over management approval and supervision.
* We value diversity of opinion over group consensus.
* We value using good enough open source software over perfect commercial software.
* We value attitude over aptitude; no genius jerks allowed.
* We value making decisions with research and reason over tradition or fear; we are fans of the scientific method.
* During technical discussions, no one has a title.
* We value being able to pursue a plan together over everyone agreeing that the plan is the best one.
* We happily teach others the things we have learned.
* We recognize that discrimination exists throughout our society in structural ways. We seek to build systems that are
inclusive and avoid using hurtful language.
* Writing tested, production-ready application code.
* Pairing and collaborating with peers.
* Writing appropriate levels of documentation.
* Participating in joint design and architecture sessions.
* Steering Solutions Technical & Security Architectural/Design strategy and enabling partners/apps teams/syndication partners stake holders
* Ensuring high security posture across the solutions footprint
* Building effective deployment and monitoring systems.
* Operating and supporting production environments (including on-call support).
* Performing code reviews.
* Participating in software release and deployment activities.
* Coordinating constructively with other team members and external teams.
Please keep in mind we’re interested in attracting a diverse set of candidates for this position. If you’re not sure if
you qualify, please err on the side of applying
* 10+ years of relevant work experience, including extensive programming experience and mentoring skills.
* Experience outside of the banking/financial industry a plus
* We favor experience in multiple languages over expertise in any given language. However; in this role, experience in .Net/C#,
OIDC/OAuth, SAML, Azure, Application monitoring, issue triaging is most likely to be helpful to the team.
* Windows background: facility with command command-line utilities; familiarity with system administration tools and concepts a plus.
* Experience with designing solutions with hybrid on prem and Cloud architecture.
* Experience in using / optimizing CICD, SLA, SLI, SLOs, and toil reduction to implement solutions with low operational overhead
* Experience integrating Open Source tools and libraries to build complete solutions.
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* An understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
* Experience with high-scale, distributed web service development (hands-on experience with RESTful web services)
* Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols, especially TLS and HTTP.
* Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML, JSON and protocol buffers