About the Role
This person will be very hands on and will be pulling cable and physically setting up the networks. There will be some local travel and about 5% travel to sites in other states.
A Network Engineer will be involved with implementing new network designs and maintaining the existing LAN/WAN throughout the Enterprise. The qualified candidate will be responsible for monitoring and resolving LAN/WAN related issues. They will also support the wireless network for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
• Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshoot network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
• Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
• Support and handle the administration of firewall environments.
• Coordinate and upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
• Implement basic configuration of firewalls.
• Design and implementation of new solutions and improving the resilience of the existing environment.
• Resolve network system and application performance issues with the use of packet capture and protocol analysis.
• Maintain, monitor, and upgrade enterprise wireless (Wi-Fi) environment.
• Provide support to customers on a consulting basis.
• Assist with the overall operation of the Technology Services Group.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant field experience preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in network support.
• Must possess strong analytical skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a wide range of users having different levels of computer expertise.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems, or escalate to appropriate resources if unable to resolve.
• Ability to collaborate with other team members.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision, while being an active member of a larger team.
• Ability to work on issues and projects with outside vendors.
• Ability to plan daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description, and Supervisor’s instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently meet necessary project deadlines.
• Willing to learn new concepts and skills and be able to utilize these new skills to provide support to staff.
• Strong background designing and implementing Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting LAN switches and firewalls.
• Experience with VPN technologies and protocols including IPSEC and SSL.
• Knowledge of Wi-Fi IEEE standards: 802.11 a/b/c/g/n and how to apply them to an enterprise network architecture.
• Strong understanding of deployment, management, and troubleshooting of common networking technologies, including IP routing, DHCP, DNS, Firewalls, Wi-Fi, Switches, VPN, and Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking).
• Knowledge of Extreme Networks and Fortinet technologies is strongly desired.
• Knowledge of Nextiva phone system is desired.
• Knowledge of CAT6 cabling, terminating, tracing, and testing is desired.
• Familiarity with network, server, storage area networks and virtualization (HP MSA SAN, Hyper-V, and Hyper-V switching).
• IT Technical training and industry certifications are desired but not required.
• Local travel is required and some national travel.
• Work schedule is subject to vary based on facility needs.
• Must abide by safety standards as specified by each facility/site.
• Ability to move/lift equipment (30-50lbs)