Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration: 12+ months
Pay Rate: TBD
This resource would be started remotely due to covid-19 but would be expected to be on-site as soon as the pandemic subsides. Currently aiming for January 2020.
Must have Linux and windows experience
Scripting experience is a bonus
Websphere and weblogic are a bonus- middleware
Ansible is a plus- scripting
Resources would be working mostly on Application production support, troubleshooting, route cause analysis
This position provides Systems Administration for new and existing application platforms supporting the Commercial application space. The successful candidate will complete activities related to larger and/or more complex installations, configuration, operations and maintenance of systems hardware / software and related infrastructure. Ensures system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and internal business partners.
• Identifies and proactively resolves issues that could impact application / server performance, reliability, and usability.
• Possess an understanding of source control, continuous integration, infrastructure, automation, deployment, container and cloud technologies
• Support of multi-site server environments, through automation tools, custom scripting and third-party solutions
• Provisioning of infrastructure systems, management of server OS, security patch management and installation of third-party tools
• Proactive platform trending analysis, capacity planning and creation of dashboards for reporting
• Infrastructure lifecycle management OS, middleware products and hardware Perform root cause analyses of high impact service issues
• Respond to and resolve identified technical incidents requiring advanced problem-solving analysis and use of advanced diagnostic tools to troubleshoot issues.
• Complete systems maintenance activities following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), such as patching, health checks, operating system updates, validating changes and maintaining operational and configuration standards.
Proud to be an EEO employer