Systems Administrator – Devops
Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration: 6+ months
Pay Rate: TBD
This resource would be started remotely due to covid-19 but would be expected to be on-site as soon as the pandemic subsides. Currently aiming for January 2021.
Must have Linux and windows experience
Scripting experience is a bonus
Websphere and weblogic are a bonus- middleware
Ansible is a plus- scripting
Resources would be working mostly on Application production support, troubleshooting, route cause analysis
- Job Description:
This position provides Systems Administration for new and existing application platforms supporting the Commercial application space. The successful candidate will complete activities related to larger and/or more complex installations, configuration, operations and maintenance of systems hardware / software and related infrastructure. Ensures system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and internal business partners.
• Identifies and proactively resolves issues that could impact application / server performance, reliability, and usability.
• Possess an understanding of source control, continuous integration, infrastructure, automation, deployment, container and cloud technologies
• Support of multi-site server environments, through automation tools, custom scripting and third-party solutions
• Provisioning of infrastructure systems, management of server OS, security patch management and installation of third-party tools
• Proactive platform trending analysis, capacity planning and creation of dashboards for reporting
• Infrastructure lifecycle management OS, middleware products and hardware Perform root cause analyses of high impact service issues
• Respond to and resolve identified technical incidents requiring advanced problem-solving analysis and use of advanced diagnostic tools to troubleshoot issues.
• Complete systems maintenance activities following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), such as patching, health checks, operating system updates, validating changes and maintaining operational and configuration standards.