Senior Architect – Consider / Marketing
Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration: Contract to Hire
Pay Rate: TBD
This senior architect would be someone who has worked on the delivery side of technology and has transitioned to architecture. They should be able to develop, document, visualize & communicate current & target state models, and lead technical conversations. Ideally, they would have banking experience focused mostly in the pre-sales/sales/marketing/lead generation & advertising space. This area also has a larger customer analytics AI/ML plan that would benefit from someone with DataLake, analytics, AI/ML background. If this proves to be too difficult to find all encompassing, someone with technical data analytics, marketing & cloud CDP platforms would suffice.
Consumer, Business and Digital Banking – We work with our retail banking, business banking, consumer lending, mortgage and digital banking businesses to define far reaching technology strategies to evolve our customer experiences, to make us easier to do business with and to deliver solutions that provide real value. This includes all core consumer deposit, loan and payment processing and servicing platforms; all core channel systems for retail branches, ATMs and call centers; custom built online and mobile banking platforms; and mtb.com and marketing ecosystem capabilities.
What is the opportunity?
Hiring a Senior Architect. In this role, you will be architecting next generation marketing, analytics, data collection & utilization platforms to provide improved capabilities in support of Retail customers and banking operations. In addition, you will demonstrate a high degree of collaboration with business, strategy, operations, architecture, and delivery teams in the areas of marketing, analytics, business AI/ML, digital banking, servicing, microservices and APIs.
What will you do?
• Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the Line of Business (LOB) or domain’s targeted business outcomes
• Develop and socialize end-to-end solutions for marketing, analytics, pre-sales initiatives based on strong collaboration with business and technology leaders with alignment to enterprise architecture, technology standards and industry best practices
• Contribute to developed roadmaps and reference architecture patterns
• Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with overall enterprise architecture
• Understand cybersecurity principles; identify and address impacts to ensure solutions architecture designs comply with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices
• Understand Corporate Technology standards and ensure solutions fully comply; recommend exceptions where appropriate
• Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models
• Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
• Influence decision making and facilitate teams with multiple stakeholders at all levels in the organization
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship, including contributing to knowledge within the architecture community
• Proactively drive rationalization of competing interests and achieve consensus on contentious issues
• Establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Software Engineering, Technology Delivery, Technology and Business Leadership, Infrastructure, and others
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and aggressive deliverables and take a leadership role in moving initiatives forward and removing obstacles
• Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns related to assigned domain or LOB to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise’s future-state architecture vision
• Support governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance
• Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations
• Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture
• Document all solution architecture design and analysis work, leveraging appropriate Enterprise Architecture tools
• Complete other related duties as assigned
What do you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years’ operational/technical experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 10 years’ higher education and/or work experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of various marketing, pre-sales, analytics & identity resolutions platforms and trends
• Passion and drive to take a complicated web of analytics, channel, experience & journey data and strategize ways to introduce and deliver innovation in data collection, identity resolution, AI/ML processing
• Experience in designing, developing and implementing domain APIs, platform integrations, AI/ML models
• Experience in cloud-based data landing zones and how marketing, analytical data, etc. contribute to and pull from these zones
• Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. Integration patterns, component-based design), data integration, security integration and infrastructure with a broad technical knowledge on integration and messaging technologies including batch, synchronous, asynchronous technologies
• Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. SOA/Microservices, REST/SOAP, Cloud Native applications, Event-Driven Architecture, Orchestration/Choreography, Data Pipelines), modern technology platforms (e.g. Kafka, WebSphere MQ/IIB, Rabbit MQ, RBDMS, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc.), and legacy mainframe
• Total IT experience of at least 15 years out of which a minimum of 5 years performing Application or Solutions Architectures on large complex projects
• Hands-on development experience on micro-services, Cloud, and DevOps
• Knowledge of various analytical, data, cloud & AI/ML platforms including:
o Adobe Analytics
o Adobe Experience Manager
o Azure Synapse
o Java SpringBoot APIs
o RedHat OpenShift
o Multi-cloud Strategies