Manual Testing Engineer

Location: Wilmington, DE

Duration: Contract to Hire

Pay Rate: TBD

Description:

Job Description:
The successful candidate should be self-driven and experienced in establishing formal testing processes as part of the development lifecycle using Microsoft Test Manager, ALM and other tools. The QA Engineer will work with the development team in the creation and maintenance of manual test scripts to be used for smoke, regression, performance and other testing. Throughout the development lifecycle you will be involved in ensuring developers write and execute code to unit test software. You will help manage the QA release cycle by developing manual tests and working with other QA team members to plan and execute functional and UAT test cycles. You should be familiar with using a test management tool, such as ALM or Microsoft MTM for exploratory, manual and other tests with the ability to collect metrics and performance information.
The candidate will also work with the Business Analysts to capture test requirements prior to software development. Approximately 40% of our software is developed internally using Microsoft products and is browser based. The remaining 60% is vendor software mostly in a distributed environment.

Basic Qualifications
Demonstrated passion for testing and releasing high quality deliverables.
Creative thinker with ability to think outside the box and contribute new ideas.
Self-starter and detailed oriented in day to day work and follow ups
Proactively documents test results, processes and team support documentation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related field or six to eight years of relevant experience.
Experience utilizing the application/system(s) being supported preferred.
Working knowledge of both project, software and test life cycles.
Experience with the skills, application(s), and functions of the business line being supported is encouraged.

Base Qualifications
• Experience with application lifecycle management
• 6+ years in Quality Assurance role (Financial preferred)
• 6+ years experience with manual testing, including planning, configuring, execution, and analysis
• 6+ years experience creating and maintaining test related documentation and artifacts
• 4+ years experience testing web based internal and external facing products.
• 2+ years experience with SQL
• 2+ years experience with HP ALM
• SME for QA practices and procedures
• Prior experience working on an Agile team a plus

 

Proud to be an EEO employer. *Local Candidates are preferred. No visa sponsorship is available. No C2C candidates please.

Submit Your Resume

Please use the form below to send your resume and contact information to us.

You are applying for:
Manual Testing Engineer
(Globalquest Staffing)

First Name
Middle Initial
Last Name
Email
Day Phone
Evening Phone
Mobile Phone
Street Address
City
State
Zip Code
Resume File
*File Size: No Larger Than 1MB File Types: doc, docx, pdf, txt
Resume Plain Text (If No File To Upload Above)