Duration: 12+ months
Pay Rate: TBD
This technical position will provide the foundation for sound technical decision making and control within the container infrastructure.
The position duties will include the development of the architecture and support of the container environment.
Primary responsibilities will include the mentoring and leadership of Container Integration (Operations) staff as well as providing a level of mentoring to development staff.
The Application Virtualization Engineer is in charge of managing and maintaining the OpenShift container infrastructure. An ideal candidate should have excellent technical credentials, experience in containers, networking, storage, compute, cloud infrastructure design and implementation, and excellent communication skills.
As an Application Virtualization Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Contributing to identifying, developing and implementing technical best practices guidelines
• Working closely with customers, and leading technical and business value discussions
• Advising customers in the deployment of solutions that meets their technical, business and compliance needs
• Engineer, document and maintain the container platform (OpenShift)
• Proactively identify trends, perform root cause analysis, problem isolation, and manage adverse events from identification to resolution
• Identify, recommend and implement upgrades and enhancements required to maintain system functionality and optimal performance
• Interface with customers, vendors, and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements relating to cloud infrastructure
• Designing cloud migration strategies and implementing state-of-the-art cloud technologies for customers
• Participate in all phases of system development, configuration, architecture and monitoring including performance and availability, alerting, security and capacity planning.
• Enhance automated deployments using configuration management technologies and scripting languages.
• 10+ years’ experience in working with customers in identifying their business and technical requirements, and designing and/or implementing optimal technical solutions for them
• Advanced knowledge and experience with container technologies using Docker/OpenShift and Kubernetes (design, build, configuration)
• Analyzing and troubleshooting container performance
• A deep understanding of container tools within the CI/CD pipeline (GitLab, Jenkins, JFrog, etc.)
• Establish continuous integration (CI) pipeline to fully automate deployment of containers
• Ability to write sustainable scripts using a language such as PowerShell or Python
• Understanding of service mesh (Istio)
• Knowledge of persistent storage on OpenShift (Portworx)
• Proven track record of thought leadership in a consulting role
• Experience in migrating and/or extending on-premises networks to the cloud
• Deep understanding of cloud technologies, such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software-defined networks (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), OpenStack, and other emerging technologies
• 5 years’ experience in troubleshooting and solving networking, storage and compute issues
• Knowledge of Red Hat Linux Operating Systems
• Knowledge of VMware technology
• Experience with automation and creating Ansible playbooks
• Experience building services on on-line infrastructure like AWS, Azure, GCP
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with customers
• Effective presentation skills
Minimum Qualifications: Two years of college and ten years of system analysis and application development experience.