Director of Software Engineering
Duration: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: TBD
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
This position will act as the overall Software Engineering Lead for the GB IT portfolio, responsible for establishing the vision, maturing practices and building the culture of software engineering across the portfolio.
- Establish the vision, workforce strategy, practices and target culture for GB Software Engineering
- Define target organization design to enable the development of Software Engineering talent, career path and oversight of technical deliverables
- Collaborate and align activities across Product Management, Agile Delivery, Software Engineering, Cloud/Infrastructure, Architecture and Operations.
- Continuously improve the employee experience, SDLC and DevSecOps tools and practices.
- Partner with IT and business leaders to influence and advance strategy, roadmaps, platforms and tool choices for the enterprise
- Partner with Architecture and IT leaders to identify approaches to improve reliability, performance and customer experience for key applications
- Determine the approach and sequence to incrementally modernize large software platforms
- Drive the total quality ownership culture, including shift from manual QA to Software Developer Engineers in Testing and ultimately, all in Software engineering
- Requires ten or more years of technical and business experience in software engineering and solutions design.
- Experience should include assignments in multiple business and technical areas.
- Requires more than five years of demonstrated management experience with strategic thinking with strong abilities in relationship management.
- Requires dynamic leadership ability that can develop and energize cross-functional multidiscipline, high-performance work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to business needs, as well as demonstrated ability to influence people at a variety of levels internally and externally.
- Master’s degree is preferred, or the equivalent amount of technical and business work experience
This location for the incumbent is flexible, however travel to the client site would be required somewhat regularly (post-COVID)
Proud to be an EEO employer.