IT Help Desk Coordinator
Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration: Contract to Hire
Pay Rate: TBD
Taking primary direction from IT department management, act as the principle phone contact for user support calls to the IT department; provide primary support for administration of IT Inventory systems, including acting as primary Receiver for IT equipment purchases; and provide administrative support for the IT department, as requested by IT management.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phone or review emails received to IT department help desk from users. Log all support calls as received into IT help desk support system
- Provide technical assistance and level 1 support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Receive and log into inventory all IT purchases arriving at the Buffalo Office
- Maintain equipment inventory, in provided software, for all IT-related equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Windows 10 certification is preferred.
IT Help Desk/Inventory Operator should possess: Strong Microsoft background, with knowledge of other PC applications, and experience working in a Windows network environment. Professional attitude, excellent communication and problem solving skills. The ability to perform duties in an orderly fashion with minimal supervision. User “support experience and experience working with users in a professional atmosphere. Necessity to work from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday in order to provide Help Desk support to employees.