Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration: Contract to Hire
Pay Rate: TBD
This is an excellent opportunity for an entry level candidate who is looking for a position which will offer growth within an accounting department.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all bank account statements and reconcile those statements for all banks accounts on a monthly basis. Make journal entries/adjustments to the general ledger.
- Investigate and resolve problems with accounts, including missing checks, missing statements, improper credits or debits, etc. Communicate with management regarding account variances.
- Communicate with bank and company personnel to resolve questions about accounts and the status of accounts and transactions.
- Communicate with and provide assistance to cash receipts clerks including preparing daily deposit information.
- Perform computer input in preparing reconciliation spreadsheets; print and distribute various reports required for reconciliation process.
- File bank statements, cancelled checks and other correspondence.
- Sort and distribute mail for general ledger department.
- Prepare and /or process journal entries for finance and payroll departments.
- Assist the Treasurer and finance department with opening, closing and maintaining authorized signers for bank accounts.
- Prepare sales and use tax returns as required on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Ensure that sales tax returns are filed for all necessary properties by reviewing company and cost center sales tax liability balances on the trial balances.
- Discuss unusual items with accounting department and tax department staff in an effort to resolve problems and streamline processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1 + years clerical accounting experience or office experience utilizing clerical accounting or math skills. Excellent math skills. High level of attention to detail. Good communication skills. Computer data input, preferably in spreadsheet preparation
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
Proud to be an EEO employer.