Location: Contract to Hire
Pay Rate: TBD
The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the Full DevOps Spectrum along with leading
and evangelizing transformations and driving innovations.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who can develop, integrate and deploy the latest in SDLC technologies.
• Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility.
• Works with release management team to understand both business and technical needs.
• Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
• Develops new alerts and monitoring techniques based on engineering requirements.
• Develops scripted solutions and automation.
• Analyzes health check results and provides feedback/documentation as needed.
• Participates in testing efforts and coordinates feedback of test results.
• Recommends performance metrics
• Analyzes and reports on operational metrics
• Recommends and develops solutions for improvement of support procedures.
• Identifies ways tasks can be automated
• Documents, monitors, reports and manages the resolution of systematic issues.
• Writes reviews and/or maintains technical documentation for product environments.
• Associate’s degree and a minimum of 6 years’ systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years’ systems analysis/application development experience
• 5 years of PowerShell experience
• 5+ years of knowledge of infrastructure
• Advanced Source control experience (TFS and GIT)
• DevOps pipeline experience i.e. Gitlab, TFS or Atlassian
• Windows Server 2008+ in depth knowledge
• Good analytical, problem solved and decision making skills
• Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
• Hyper-V and VMWare experience
• Proven track record in a highly available production environment model
• Knowledge base on Websphere and/or Weblogic Application Servers
• Experience with Db2, Oracle and SQL databases
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Proud to be an EEO employer.