Location: Yaphank, NY
Duration: 12+ months
Pay Rate: $45,000 - $48,400
The Crime Analyst will work under an open-ended contract on-site at the Suffolk Crime Analysis Center (SCAC), located at 30 Yaphank Ave., Yaphank, NY. The CAC is staffed with a team of crime analysts and sworn law enforcement members who support area law enforcement agencies in their efforts to track and reduce Part I Crime.
- Performing a variety of research and analytical tasks.
- Collecting, compiling, validating, interpreting and analyzing data and trends using standard practices and techniques of crime and/or law enforcement intelligence analysis.
- Performing as needed statistical, spatial, and/or qualitative analyses, making use of standard software packages.
- Working on assignments that are moderately complex under direct or indirect supervision, where there is latitude for independent action and decision-making.
- Preparing and delivering reports and presentations of analytic results.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Criminal Justice, Criminology, Public Administration, or a related field plus 0-1 year experience in the field of criminology, criminal justice research, or criminal justice policy.
To apply, please send a cover letter and copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proud to be an EEO employer.