Business Analyst – SQL
Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration: 6+ months
Pay Rate: TBD
This is a six month contract with possible extension but no guarantee.
This resource would be started remotely due to covid-19 but would be expected to be on-site as soon as the client requests. Currently aiming for January 2020.
Skills Required: Business Requirements Analysis, Microsoft SQL Server DB
Responsible for facilitating moderately complex to complex product configuration and implementation.
Working on an agile team, with business, system administrators and testers.
Work on understanding and developing process, data and workflows.
Organize various system testing activities.
• Gather, document, and analyze current state processes to better understand gaps and identify opportunities for improving those processes.
• Gather and document current state integrations to better understand gaps and identify opportunities for optimizing and streamlining future state integrations and connections.
• Work with Product Owner to conceptualize and write valid user stories for the product backlog.
• Working with Product Owner to prioritize user stories in the product backlog.
• Work with other analysts and team members to execute user stories within required time boxes.
• Write failing and passing test cases and/or scripts for each MVP (Minimum Viable Product) for effective functional and regressive testing.
• Provide root cause analysis for data integrity & testing issues.
• Communicate with other teams as needed to coordinate workflow of activities.
• Support the team with driving and coordinating technical tasks within sprints.
• Liaising with Shared Services for optimal MVP support.
• Follow all design work and integration testing protocols, change control procedures, uses standards, procedures, and practices in performing required work.
• Improve Agile, Design Thinking, and UX expertise to better serve the team.
• Participate in all Agile project ceremonies.
• Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience Required:
• Combined minimum of 5 years’ higher education and/or operational/business analytics experience
• Microsoft SQL Server DB experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong time management skills
• Strong lateral thinking skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages
• Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
Proud to be an EEO employer.