Architect – Servicing / Digital
Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration: Contract to Hire
Pay Rate: TBD
This architect would be someone who has worked on the delivery side of technology and has transitioned to architecture. They should be able to develop, document, visualize & communicate current & target state models, and lead technical conversations. Ideally, they would have banking experience focused mostly on customer/employee feature & API development and vendor integrations. This individual has a deep understanding of on prem & cloud container platforms (ie: Docker/Kubernetes), modern front ends (React, Angular, VueJS) as well as defining plans to refactor legacy applications to meet these new technical standards.
Consumer, Business and Digital Banking – We work with our retail banking, business banking, consumer lending, mortgage and digital banking businesses to define far reaching technology strategies to evolve our customer experiences, to make us easier to do business with and to deliver solutions that provide real value. This includes all core consumer deposit, loan and payment processing and servicing platforms; all core channel systems for retail branches, ATMs and call centers; custom built online and mobile banking platforms; and mtb.com and marketing ecosystem capabilities.
What is the opportunity?
Hiring an Architect to support Consumer Servicing and Digital. In this role, you will be architecting next generation digital banking and customer servicing platforms to provide improved capabilities in support of Retail customers and banking operations. In addition, you will demonstrate a high degree of collaboration with business, strategy, operations, architecture, and delivery teams in the areas of digital banking, servicing, cloud, microservices and APIs.
What will you do?
• Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) related to assigned projects/lines of business (LOBs) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the LOB or domain’s targeted business outcomes
• Develop and socialize end-to-end solutions for digital banking and customer servicing initiatives based on strong collaboration with business and technology leaders with alignment to enterprise architecture, technology standards and industry best practices
• Contribute to design of a solutions architecture for identified medium complexity projects or domain research efforts, or projects based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements; obtain peer reviews for feedback and consensus
• Contribute to developed roadmaps and reference architecture patterns
• Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with overall enterprise architecture
• Understand cybersecurity principles; identify and address impacts to ensure solutions architecture designs comply with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices
• Understand Corporate Technology standards and ensure solutions fully comply; recommend exceptions where appropriate
• Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models
• Influence decision making and facilitate teams with multiple stakeholders at all levels in the organization
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship, including contributing to knowledge within the architecture community
• Proactively drive rationalization of competing interests and achieve consensus on contentious issues
• Establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Software Engineering, Technology Delivery, Technology and Business Leadership, Infrastructure, and others
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and aggressive deliverables and take a leadership role in moving initiatives forward and removing obstacles
• Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
• Support and contribute to the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns related to assigned domain or LOB to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise’s future-state architecture vision
• Support governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance
• Participate in evaluating and selecting software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations
• Document all solution architecture design and analysis work, leveraging appropriate Enterprise Architecture tools
• Complete other related duties as assigned
What do you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years’ operational/technical experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years’ higher education and/or work experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of various digital banking platforms & processes
• Passion and drive to take a complicated web of vendor and internal integrations and strategize a way to compartmentalize and introduce innovation and flexibility into the system
• Experience in developing and implementing domain APIs, front-end experiences
• Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. Integration patterns, component-based design), front-end experience design & development, data integration, security integration and infrastructure with a broad technical knowledge on integration and messaging technologies including batch, synchronous, asynchronous technologies
• Hands-on development experience in 12 factor front-end and Java SpringBoot API development utilizing DevOps pipelines
• Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. SOA/Microservices, REST/SOAP, Cloud Native applications, Event-Driven Architecture, Orchestration/Choreography, Data Pipelines), modern technology platforms (e.g. Kafka, WebSphere MQ/IIB, Rabbit MQ, RBDMS, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc.), and legacy mainframe
• Total IT experience of at least 12 years out of which a minimum of 3 years performing Application or Solutions Architectures on complex, innovative projects
Knowledge of various digital banking & servicing platforms including:
o Fiserv Voyager
o Genesys cloud contact center
o Multi-mainframe cores
Proud to be an EEO employer.