Architect Buy/Onboarding & Lending
Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration: Contract to Hire
Pay Rate: TBD
This senior architect would be someone who has worked on the delivery side of technology and has transitioned to architecture. They should be able to develop, document, visualize & communicate current & target state models, and lead technical conversations. Ideally, they would have banking experience, and if possible, specific to consumer lending, loss mitigation & asset management systems. If the latter proves to be too difficult to find, then an experienced software/solutions architect who grew up in delivery would work.
Consumer, Business and Digital Banking – We work with our retail banking, business banking, consumer lending, mortgage and digital banking businesses to define far reaching technology strategies to evolve our customer experiences, to make us easier to do business with and to deliver solutions that provide real value. This includes all core consumer deposit, loan and payment processing and servicing platforms; all core channel systems for retail branches, ATMs and call centers; custom built online and mobile banking platforms; and mtb.com and marketing ecosystem capabilities.
What is the opportunity?
M&T Tech is hiring a Senior Architect. In this role, you will be architecting next generation lending & collections platforms for M&T Bank to provide improved capabilities in support of Retail customers and banking operations. In addition, you will demonstrate a high degree of collaboration with business, strategy, operations, architecture, and delivery teams in the areas of lending, collections, digital banking, servicing, microservices and APIs.
What will you do?
• Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the Line of Business (LOB) or domain’s targeted business outcomes
• Develop and socialize end-to-end solutions for lending and collections initiatives based on strong collaboration with business and technology leaders with alignment to enterprise architecture, technology standards and industry best practices
• Contribute to developed roadmaps and reference architecture patterns
• Influence decision making and facilitate teams with multiple stakeholders at all levels in the organization
• Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with overall enterprise architecture
• Understand cybersecurity principles; identify and address impacts to ensure solutions architecture designs comply with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices
• Understand Corporate Technology standards and ensure solutions fully comply; recommend exceptions where appropriate
• Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models
• Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
• Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns related to assigned domain or LOB to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise’s future-state architecture vision
• Support governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance
• Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations
• Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture
• Document all solution architecture design and analysis work, leveraging appropriate Enterprise Architecture tools
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship, including contributing to knowledge within the architecture community
• Proactively drive rationalization of competing interests and achieve consensus on contentious issues
• Establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Software Engineering, Technology Delivery, Technology and Business Leadership, Infrastructure, and others
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and aggressive deliverables and take a leadership role in moving initiatives forward and removing obstacles
• Complete other related duties as assigned
What do you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years’ operational/technical experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 10 years’ higher education and/or work experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of various lending & collections technical platforms & processes
• Passion and drive to take a complicated web of lending systems and strategize a way to compartmentalize and introduce innovation and flexibility into the process
• Experience in developing and implementing domain APIs
• Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. Integration patterns, component-based design), data integration, security integration and infrastructure with a broad technical knowledge on integration and messaging technologies including batch, synchronous, asynchronous technologies
• Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. SOA/Microservices, REST/SOAP, Cloud Native applications, Event-Driven Architecture, Orchestration/Choreography, Data Pipelines), modern technology platforms (e.g. Kafka, WebSphere MQ/IIB, Rabbit MQ, RBDMS, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc.), and legacy mainframe
• Hands-on development experience on micro-services, Cloud, and DevOps
• Knowledge of various lending platforms including:
o Blacknight (MSP)