Business Systems Analyst
Location: Wilmington, DE
Duration: 6+ Months
Pay Rate: TBD
Business Systems & Functional Analyst Basic Function:
This position is within the Technology area which requires strong background in information technology, software development and package installation as well as business experience within the financial industry, corporate trust experience preferred. Works directly with business experts and the technical team. Should have very strong analytical, communication and design skills to understand then document and present both business and functional requirements to the development team. Acts as a liaison between technology and business. Will study existing system capabilities and work to add design new ones. Will develop workflow diagrams, data flow diagrams, traceability matrix and system specifications. Will understand system input, processing and output requirements. Must also be strong in recommending system controls. Responsible for facilitating requirements meetings and participating in small to large projects and support enterprise-wide or business initiatives, compliance/regulatory requirements, system changes due to contractual agreements or system maintenance (business as usual [BAU]) projects from proposal through post implementation while monitoring expenses. Elicit, extract and clearly document both in writing and graphically business and functional requirements and flows. Act as lead in conjunction with QAT to ensure test plans and specifications are completed and project meets established milestones. Supports the redesign of the workflow and process. Provide recommendations on best practices and input to identify risks resulting from process change. Provide innovative ideas on ways to better the process. Independently identifies the resources (people, process, systems), data elements, and tools necessary to perform analysis required to solve complex business issues Acquires subject matter expertise to aid internal application owners and project members for consultation and advise on how applications may be impacted by local and enterprise-wide initiatives.
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree and 4 years’ operational/business analytics experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 4 years’ operational/business analytics experience.
• Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
• Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature.
• Ability to effectively use project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
• Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution.
• Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms.
• Ability to understand business(es) supported and its’ terminology.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong lateral thinking skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to coordinate between Applications and business units.
• Ability to drive project milestones and delivery dates.
• Ability to recommend and implement system solutions.
• Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities from a project management perspective.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
• Strong financial background related to capital markets, payment systems and trust accounting.
• Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported.
• Mastered understanding of applications supported with an advanced knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications.
• Good understanding of the Bank’s application framework.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
• Ability to multitask for various components of complex projects.
• Mastered knowledge and focus of the entire system to work on projects outside of normal BAU
Proud to be an EEO employer.